Bringing Baby Home
Professionals helping new parents with the transition to parenthood
About the Group:
The Bringing Home Baby (BBH) workshop is a research-based and research-tested psychoeducational workshop that is dedicated to improving the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening their families. It was developed by renowned relationship and parenting experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman.
Who Should Attend:
The BBH program is perfect for those who are interested in having a baby, are expecting a baby, or are already parenting an infant or toddler (age 0-3)
Learning Objectives of the Workshop:
The goal of BBH is to equip you with the knowledge and skill sets needed to constructively cope with the various changes that typically occur during the first three years after your baby is born.
In the BBH workshop, you and your partner will learn how to do the following:
• Strengthen your friendship
• Increase intimacy and affection
• Work through conflict with greater ease
• Maintain relationship satisfaction
• Reduce hostility
• Create positive baby-child interactions
• Ensure quality involvement for both parents
• Reduce the incidence or severity of postpartum mood disorders
Not only will this program teach you what to expect during the transition to parenthood, it will also help you do things like:
• Better understand child development
• Create co-parenting strategies with your partner communicate, connect, and compromise
• Improve the way you and your partner
• Recognize signs of postpartum mood disorders and gain awareness of treatment options
About the Facilitator:
Tiffany Bowlby, LCSW, LMHP is a mental health therapist at Hope and Wellness Center. She has completed the Level I and II training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy and is certified as a Gottman Bringing Baby Home Program Educator.